We are delighted to announce the foundation of the RMA LGBTQ Study Group, which will offer something of a UK equivalent to the AMS LGBTQ Study Group.
The aims of the study group are:
- To increase awareness in the UK Academy of the relationship between sexuality and music
- To promote contact and dialogue amongst music students & scholars working in LGBTQ studies
- To establish a forum for the presentation and dissemination of LGBTQ musicological research
- To publicise events which investigate music and sexuality in the UK and abroad
- To examine the process of coming out in, and being LGBTQ in, music academia in the UK
- To support and advise on LGBTQ music curricula in UK HE institutions.
For information about the Study Group and our activities, contact Dr. Danielle Sofer <firstname.lastname@example.org>